Sunday, January 27, 2013

Tree cosies

Spotted on the way home from the art gallery today: a forest of rainbow trees!
I've seen a lot of tree cosies around in Wellington and elsewhere, but this crop is especially well done. Obviously a lot of skill and effort went into them, and I love that they're all different...









 According to the little tags pinned to the cosies, they're the work of an international yarn-bombing group called Yarn Corner. Naturally, I looked them up when I got home and joined. Time to dust off my crochet hook! 

2 comments:

  1. Hi! So I'm in Ohope at the mo and took my degree into Jos's for framing and we were chatting and you came up and then it turns out I have a friend (Neurula) who loves your designs on Ravelry - small world! Just wanted to say Hi :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi to you too! I recognise Neurula's name from Ravelry. It is a small world! :) Even here in Melbourne I keep running into people whose parents live in Whakatane, or who grew up in Opotiki...

      Delete