Saturday, June 9, 2012

A cosy kindle

I finished sewing my kindle cover yesterday, and I love it! Very functional + cute. I used this tutorial: Make a custom Kindle cover, and fabric from my stash. The cartoon-books fabric was intended for a bag to haul library books around, but I can do a patchwork-style bag with the leftovers. I cut up two old diary/planners for the stiff cardboard inserts, so it was a good recycling exercise. :)

Propped up for reading

Folded flat for hand-held reading

The back (with cute fabric!)

All tidied away

As with all of my sewing adventures there were a few moments of frustration, but for once the problems were easily solved (i.e. cutting down the cardboard inserts when I discovered the fabric sleeve was too narrow). If I ever make another, I'll add padding to the inside surfaces for extra protection in case of clumsiness.

3 comments:

  1. Wow! Really professionally done!!!

    I had wanted to get a kindle, but now if I do I'll still be jealous of yours! ;) :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rowano! Some of the stitching is a bit wonky, but I'm probably the only one who would ever notice.

    Hint: refurbished Kindles are very reasonable. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I get a kindle I will need one of those covers - it's professional but also cosy and homely, best combo!

    ReplyDelete