Saturday, May 5, 2012

I'm going to Handmade 2012!

I missed out last year due to being inconveniently out of town, and was Not Pleased when I found out I'd booked my trip right on top of it.

Handmade is a weekend of craft workshops, classes, and lectures held at the national museum, Te Papa over Queen's Birthday weekend (2-3 June). Last year the entrance to Te Papa was yarn-bombed for the occasion:



Here's the list of yarn-related classes: Yarn - Handmade 2012. There's quite a range! I've signed up for "Twice the Fun - Two Handed Stranded Knitting", which should be really useful to me - better, faster stranded colourwork? Yes please! It's a technique I don't think I could get the hang of on my own, so I really want to take this class. The "Basics to Improve your Photography" lecture might be helpful too. There's a spinning class, but it looks like it's for complete beginners, which I'm not anymore (just a relative beginner).

There will also be things to buy (could be dangerous if there's yarn and fibre), and a Knit Lounge which I'm looking forward to. I think I'll bring my Chickadee cardie and make some progress. It'll be neat to meet other craft-obsessed folks! I don't get to knit with others very often, with the exception of my mum (hi Mum!). :p

No comments:

Post a Comment